For over twenty years, the Sycamore Drum Major Clinic has provided aspiring drum majors the opportunity to hone their skills and prepare themselves to be leaders in band and in life. Join us this summer and learn what it means to become outstanding.
Full-week Clinic Info:
July 8-13 at Bethel College in Mishawaka, IN
Student Leadership Track will be offered during all sessions.
Activities during the week:
- Group Conducting Sessions focusing on individual attention and conducting basics.
- Lab Band – Students conduct a live group of their peers, are recorded with digital video, and receive individualized feedback from the staff and their peers.
- Leadership Training
- Breakout time to discuss issues that student leaders face
- Diverse experiences through discussion of basic concepts, role-playing scenarios, and team-building activities
- Private Conducting Lessons
- Three conducting sessions throughout the week
- Time spent on score and recordings from you school shows
- Many opportunities to share ideas with fellow campers from schools throughout the Midwest
Student Leadership Track:
- Available during ALL Camps and mini-clinics.
Activities during the clinic:
- Sessions throughout the week emphasizing motivation and servant leadership
- Instruction on teaching marching band basics and assisting in teaching drill
- Learning how to run sectional rehearsals for each instrument
- working with Drum Majors to set goals and a team concept for a successful season
Weekend Mini-Camp Info:
Weekend mini-camps will be offered 6/30-7/1 and 7/21-7/22.
- Basic conducting technique
- Leadership training sessions
All Sycamore DMC Students Enjoy:
- Suite-style housing
- Great food options
- Social events including icebreakers, a talent show, and a dance
- Closing ceremonies allowing all students to perform with pride in front of families and friends
Let the Sycamore Drum Major Clinic help you:
Make this season extraordinary.
Become a leader in band and in life.